Tue=O IndoorsAviemore Primary SchoolTue 21 January, 2020
Training level event
Explanation of Event levels
Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport and Activities are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Regional events attract participants from around the local Region, National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away, Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships.
Results will be here
Pre Event Info
Preparing for an important event
Near: Aviemore Lat,Lng: OS Grid Ref: NH897132 Postcode: PH22 1SF
Directions / Parking
Aviemore Primary School
Registration and Start times
Usual Tuesday=O start time of 6:30pm, finishing 7:30pm
An indoor session aimed at preparing you for one of your 'target' events in 2020. Map geeking techniques and other things you can do to prepare BEFORE you leave the house.
The events which will be looked at are:
* Scottish Night Champs at Findhorn (15th February 2020)
* JK in NE England (Easter weekend)
If you have a laptop please bring it along and have the following screenshots available (or websites if you are able to link to the internet in the room). Lynne will have some screen shots available on a pen drive which you can also look at:
- NNC#6 2019, Findhorn: have a look at both the Medium and Long courses, study the routes competitors have put up on RouteGadget and identify where they all seemed to have problems!
- JK Sprint area, Stockton on Tees: for this one select the course you would do and have a look at the routes taken (if no routes are up for your course, look at Course D for a route). Where are there problems, are there any 'multi-level' issues for example?
- JK Middle distance area, Sneaton Forest: it looks as if the arena will be to the east of the map shown on RouteGadget. However you will get an idea about the area from the map shown.
- JK Long distance area: the information gives links to three maps, this is just one of them (you might also want to look at this map). The arena is in the open shown at the very SW edge of the map (which is also just above the middle of the second map linked to). Hhhmm, better get used to slopes for this day! Look at the course you would usually do and the challenges the planner gives you for each leg.
Tea / coffee available, bring along some cake?
Contacts / Officials