Results now available
Tue 14th May 2013
Type of event:
Info updated: 29th Dec
Results will be here when published.
Pre Event Info
TD3 course, 3.0km
|David Goodall||00:54:56||missed 9 -10|
TD5 course, 5.5km
|3||Callum (second chance) Scott||00:48:00|
|The following did their own variation of the course|
Review of Dunachton Event
The weather was dry, the sun was around and we were reasonably sheltered from the wind at the finish area. Twenty competitors took part in the May Race, with two courses available. Thanks to Jess for helping to take controls in.
TD3 course: the navigation required for this course was quite hard for TD3; there are few handrails with good attack points for the controls but the competitors coped well. If the leaves had been on the trees the visibility would have been much less. Next week we will do some distance judgement with those who requested it after this evening.
Some questions to think about:
· Which was easier - the navigation in the open or in the woodland? Give reasons for your preference.
· When to take a cut-off and when to go round - what is your personal plan?
TD5 course: a Map memory / Norwegian course which some found challenging, especially the first control (which is why Callum appears in the results as ‘second chance’). Some things for you to consider are:
· How did you go about selecting the information from the map?
· Rate your success with selecting the information (e.g. accuracy, detail you selected vs. detail actually required).
· As this was a race, was there pressure to make quick decisions? How did the ‘race’ format affect you?
· Are you training your brain to take in the important information with each glance at the map?
· Is your confidence in your own ability to retain information improving?
After the race there were many comments along the lines of “I must not use the excuse of looking at the map to stop running during a race”.
- Nearest town: Kincraig
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: PH21
- Lat/Lon: 57.12583,-3.92441
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration, Start & Finish
Registration: 6:00 - 6:30
Starts: 6:00 - 6:30
Fees: £3.50 for adults and £2 for juniors. For members there is 50p off all fees.
Entry: On the day
Hired timing chips (Si-Cards, dibbers)
We provide a free loan of these if you don't have your own, but if you loose it there will be a £30 charge for it's replacement.
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Please note that if you have competed in three orienteering events and not joined an orienteering club that is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance.
You have the option of downloading and completing this Medical form. It could be life saving if the organisers are aware of any existing medical conditions in the event of an incident. You can leave it at registration/enquires in a sealed envelope that will only be opened if required and destroyed after the event.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.