Grantown Primary - Anagach West
Schools Orienteering League
Tue 24th May 2016
Type of event: Local Race-(D), Tue=O
Type of terrain: Woodland
Info updated: 25th May
Pre Event Info
- Nearest town: Grantown-on-Spey
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: PH26 3HZ
- Lat/Lon: 57.33064,-3.60515
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Parking and registration is at the school.
Registration, Start & Finish
Registration from 6pm, courses close 7:30pm.
P4 and up welcome. You can run solo or in pairs / threes.
Yellow = 1.3km, 20m climb
Orange = 2.6km, 50m climb
Short Green = 3.4km, 90m climb
For experienced club members there will still be regular training on all these dates, with technical TD4/5 courses with SI timing available. Your score will count for any school which your children attend.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Adults £3 / Juniors £1.50 per event.
There'll be a brief jog from the school round to the start point giving access to Anagach West.
Dog on leads only.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser - Johannes Felter
Planner - Lynne Walker
SI Timing - Paul Frost
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Please note that if you have competed in three orienteering events and not joined an orienteering club that is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance.
You have the option of downloading and completing this Medical form. It could be life saving if the organisers are aware of any existing medical conditions in the event of an incident. You can leave it at registration/enquires in a sealed envelope that will only be opened if required and destroyed after the event.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.