Excellent turnout, 45 people, including the Scottish Elite Development Squad.
Sun 15th Dec 2013
Type of event:
Info updated: 29th Dec
Pre Event Info
See the Results and then Check out the new RouteGadget to add your route choices and look at what others did.
If you have problems with the new version try the old RouteGadget.
Also analyse each leg at Winsplits Online, and see where you were for each leg.
Pre event info
Everyone is welcome, whether member or not, and whether old or young, experienced or new to the wonderful sport of orienteering. Inshriach presents some wonderful orienteering challenges and planner James will undoubtedly make the most of these. He'll be planning 3 courses so there's something for everyone. If the weather looks dubious, please check here before setting out for the event!
We are testing out the option to enter online via oentries.com and encourage you to do so. No payment will be collected by oentries, you just pay on arrival at the event. Online entry closes on the 14th.
By having this information in advance we can more accurately judge how many maps to print and it makes producing the results easier and quicker. If you don't already have an oentries account it only takes minutes to set one up and will then save you time entering events in the future.
- Nearest town: Kincraig
- Grid Ref: NH848054
- Postcode: PH21 1NF
- Lat/Lon: 57.11959,-3.89746
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Just north of Feshiebridge: from Feshiebridge, go 400m from the sharp bend and take the first left along a gravel track. Follow this for 1km to the parking area.
Registration, Start & Finish
Registration: 11:00 - 11:30
Starts: 11:00 - 11:45
Notes: courses close 13:00
The Yellow course will be ideal for adventurous children, Orange is great for adults new to the sport, and the Green course is for experienced adults. There will be options to shorten or lengthen the Green as well.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Fees: £3 for adults, £1 for children
Entry: Online and on day
Hired timing chips (Si-Cards, dibbers)
We provide a free loan of these if you don't have your own, but if you loose it there will be a £30 charge for it's replacement.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: James Tullie
Organiser: James Tullie
Controller: Hilary Quick
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Please note that if you have competed in three orienteering events and not joined an orienteering club that is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance.
You have the option of downloading and completing this Medical form. It could be life saving if the organisers are aware of any existing medical conditions in the event of an incident. You can leave it at registration/enquires in a sealed envelope that will only be opened if required and destroyed after the event.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.