Northern Night Cup Round 4 Heathfield
Round 4 of the 2018 - 2019 Northern Night Cup
Wed 09th Jan 2019
Type of event: Local Race, Night, Northern Night Cup
Type of terrain: Forest, Woodland
Info updated: 27th Aug
Pre Event Info
- Nearest town: Grantown on Spey
- Grid Ref: NJ038283
- Postcode: PH26 3HU
- Lat/Lon: 57.33493,-3.59754
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Registration, Start & Finish
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Hired timing chips (Si-Cards, dibbers)
We provide a free loan of these if you don't have your own but if you lose it there will be a £30 charge for its replacement.
Heathfield is coniferous forest with patches of open, semi-open and woodland. There is good contour and rock detail.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: James Tullie
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
If you have joined an orienteering club, or are competing in one of your first 3 events, then you are covered by our public liability insurance.
You have the option of downloading and completing this Medical form. It could be life saving if the organisers are aware of any existing medical conditions in the event of an incident. You can leave it at registration/enquires in a sealed envelope that will only be opened if required and destroyed after the event.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.