NNCSpey Valley Golf CourseTue 23 November, 2021
Local level event
Explanation of Event levels
Local events are usually low key and in the 'localised' area, ideal for newcomers to try the sport and Activities are non competitive events used for training and coaching, aimed at members of the club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs, and are often ideal for newcomers to try the sport. Regional events attract participants from around the local Region, National events are high quality competitions that will attract people from far away, Major events are Major Events such as a British Championships.
Pre Event Info
All the fun of the golf course but without the ball and clubs - just a map, some controls, and your headtorch!
This event is the first in this winter's Northern Night Cup (NNC), a league of 6 events being run by BASOC, Moravian and INVOC. The next event in the series is on 1st December.
Near: Aviemore Lat,Lng: 57.20350,-3.81099 OS Grid Ref: NH906139
Directions / Parking
Park in Spey Avenue which is off Dalfaber Drive. When approaching from the north turn off the A9, turn right at the junction after this and travel 1.70km / 1 mile into Aviemore. Look for the signs to Macdonald Spey Valley Resort and turn left onto Dalfaber Drive. After going over the level crossing, turn first left into Spey Avenue.
Walk to the E end of Spey Avenue and down the track to Registration / Download (follow the signs for National Cycle Route 7). Location of Registration / Download what3words ///replenish.silk.belly
The Start is 350m from Registration / Download with the Finish being 70m from there.
Map / Terrain
Spey Valley Golf Course is a mixture of typical golf course (tees & greens - please avoid both, they are marked with olive green 'out of bounds' on the map; fairways and rough) with good intricate moraine contour detail (2.5m contour interval). There are stands of Scots pine trees and heather moorland add to the mixture. The River Spey bounds the area to the south while the Speyside Railway forms the western edge of the map.
Registration and Start times
Registration (collect your map / loose control descriptions) from 17:50 to 18:40.
Start times from 18:00 to 18:45.
- Score course suitable for everyone - choose your own controls AND what order you'll do them in. Time limit 45 minutes; if you take longer then you lose 1 point for every 6 seconds.
- Technical course - with Long (4.4km, 80m climb, 13 controls) and Short (3.1km, 55m climb, 10 controls) options. The courses start off the same, the Short course misses out some controls and they finish the same so you can decide which course to do when you are actually out there!
- Only the Long or Short courses count towards the NNC overall scoring.
Courses close 8pm.
Members: Senior £8, Junior £4
Non-members: Senior £10, Junior £5
Pre-entry ONLY - send e-mail to Hilary Quick via Contacts page. Details to include:
- Your club (if you're a member of one)
- Course (Score or Technical - no need to specify what length)
- SI dibber number if you have one (no charge for hire)
- Your age class
- Contact number in case we can't confirm that you've returned
- Name of person whose number that is
Note these last 2 items will be deleted immediately after the event, in line with GDPR.
Closing date will be about a week before the event - watch this space for detail and don't miss it! We will acknowledge your entry and send our bank account details so you can then pay by BACS.
There are no facilities.
Contacts / Officials
Organiser / Planner: Lynne Walker