WOLF - Inshriach
Compasspoint SOL 5 & VHI Individual
BASOC welcomes you to Inshriach - don't miss your chance to race on one of the best areas in the UK.
Sun 24th Sep 2017
Type of event: Regional Race-(B)
Type of terrain: Forest
Info updated: 11th Jul
Pre Event Info
- Nearest town: Aviemore
- Grid Ref: NH854038
- Postcode: PH21 1NG
- Lat/Lon: 57.11094,-3.89222
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Parking will be in a large field just a short walk from the event centre at Lagganlia Centre for Outdoor Learning.
Registration, Start & Finish
Registration will be indoors at the event centre. Start & Finish will be a short flat walk from the event centre.
Registration from 0830 - 1200
VHI Individual Starts Only from 0930 - 1030
Starts from 1030 - 1230
Courses close 1500
|Very Short Green||3.2|
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
For 2017 we are pleased to host this event in conjunction with Lagganlia Centre for Outdoor Learning. We encourage all competitors to come and enjoy a full day out - there'll be excellent home-made catering, indoor facilities, live results & prizegiving. Entry fees are slightly increased from 2016 in order to bring you this excellent event centre.
|Entry Type||Fee (£)|
|Adult member of British Orienteering / SOA Club||15|
|Junior member of British Orientering / SOA Club||7|
|Adult on White, Yellow, Orange or Light Green||As per junior entry fees|
There will be no charge for hire of SI cards.
The 2017 VHI Individual will be held at Inshriach, the classic Speyside pine forest with unparalleled contour detail. Scale for Black & Brown courses 1:15,000 & for all other courses 1:10,000. Contour interval 5m, minor revisions Aug 2017. Map preview here.
Toilets, indoor facilities, catering, orienteering retailers.
Contacts / Officials
Planner - Gavin Miles
Controller - Gareth Bryan-Jones
Organisers - Jane Cox & Hilary Quick
Safety and Risk
A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Please note that if you have competed in three orienteering events and not joined an orienteering club that is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance.
You have the option of downloading and completing this Medical form. It could be life saving if the organisers are aware of any existing medical conditions in the event of an incident. You can leave it at registration/enquires in a sealed envelope that will only be opened if required and destroyed after the event.
When entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.