2021 Spring training sessions
After the long lay off from competition due to Covid-19, BASOC began a 'Return to orienteering' set of sessions.
These sessions were designed to help new members acquire orienteering skills as well as giving established orienteers toe opportunity to revisit and refresh their skill set.
A series of 'Information' sheets were produced to back up the in forest sessions.
- Systematic Orienteering: a basic method to approach your orienteering.
- Route Choice: which way will you choose to go between controls and why?
- Relocation: what to do when you really do not know where you are.
- Technical Difficulty: know what level of course to enter. This is also called the 'Step System'.
- PLAN: making your PLAN, being flexible and reacting to what you find while navigating the leg.