|Date||Event name (select to view)||Near||Type|
|Tue May 29th||T=O and Coaching Foundation course||Kincraig||Training, Tue=O|
|Tue Jun 05th||Coaching Foundation course part 2 (of 4) and T=O training||Kincraig||Training, Tue=O|
|Sat Jun 09th||Moray & Highland Junior Championships, Anagach west||Grantown on Spey||Local Race|
|Tue Jun 12th||Coaching Foundation course part 3 (of 4) and T=O training||Kincraig||Training, Tue=O|
|Tue Jun 19th||Coaching Foundation course part 4 (of 4) and T=O training||Kincraig||Training, Tue=O|
|Sun Sep 23rd||WOLF - SOL - Dunachtonmore, Compasspoint SOL3||Kingussie||National Race|
Every Tuesday we go out orienteering, usually with a navigational focus. Call it training or just playing, it’s as hard as you want it to be, both physically and technically!
Newcomers are welcome and there is always someone to explain things and help you get started.
Meet at 6:30 prompt. Please come appropriately dressed for the weather on the night, the sort of thing you would wear if you were going for a trail run.
You need to be back by 7:30pm.
£2 Adults, £1 Juniors for BASOC or other orienteering club members.
£3 Adults, £1.50 Juniors for non members.
An explanation of how events are graded:
- Major - Major national championships eg Scottish Champs, British Champs etc. (attendances often 1,000+)
- National - Large high quality competitions such as the Scottish O League (attendances often 300/400+)
- Regional - Medium sized events with a wide selection of courses - tend to attract reasonable numbers of people from other clubs (attendances 100-250)
- Local - Local events with fewer courses and more informal organisation. Usually aimed at members of the host club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs. Usually ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Activity - Local non-competitive training and coaching sessions, often suitable for newcomers to try the sport.
Neighbouring clubs events
Forthcoming fixtures can also be viewed via Ollie O'Brien's UK Orienteering Fixtures Map (here centred on PH22, Aviemore).
Links below will open the event details on the British Orienteering website in a new tab or window.