|Date||Event name (select to view)||Near||Type|
|Tue Oct 24th||Inshriach North, Put it all together||Kincraig||Night, Training, Tue=O|
|Tue Oct 31st||Uath Lochans, Hallowe'en Fun!||Kincraig||Night, Training, Tue=O|
|Sat Nov 25th||BASOC AGM - Carrbridge||Social, Training|
Tuesday=O, we go out orienteering, usually with a navigational focus. Call it training or just playing, it’s as hard as you want it to be, both physically and technically!
So dig out that compass and give it a go.
Newcomers are welcome and there is always someone to explain things and help you get started.
Meet at 6:30 prompt. Please come appropriately dressed for the weather on the night, the sort of thing you would wear if you were going for a trail run.
You need to be back by 7:30pm.
£2 Adults, £1 Juniors for BASOC or other orienteering club members.
£3 Adults, £1.50 Juniors for non members.
Forthcoming fixtures can also be viewed via Ollie O'Brien's UK Orienteering Fixtures Map (here centred on PH22, Aviemore).
Neighbouring clubs events
An explanation of how events are graded:
- Major - Major national championships eg Scottish Champs, British Champs etc. (attendances often 1,000+)
- National - Large high quality competitions such as the Scottish O League (attendances often 300/400+)
- Regional - Medium sized events with a wide selection of courses - tend to attract reasonable numbers of people from other clubs (attendances 100-250)
- Local - Local events with fewer courses and more informal organisation. Usually aimed at members of the host club, but they can attract people from neighbouring clubs. Usually ideal for newcomers to try the sport.
- Activity - Local non-competitive training and coaching sessions, often suitable for newcomers to try the sport.
Links below will open the event details on the British Orienteering website in a new tab or window.